Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
asbestos help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

asbestos help

i was exposed to asbestos aib insulation board 9 years ago by my manipulative and wicked father when i was 21 and i believe he pocketed the cash,i am now 30,i was tricked into doing asbestos removal with no protection and i believe it was blue asbestos due to the colour of it when i was snapping it up and his look of terror when he came back to collect me after he had dropped me off and told me to be as quick as i can and put it into bags,and take it to the tip(not to mention his insistence i strip outside and shower when i got back to his),there was approximately 20 square metres and i snapped it up and put it into bin bags and breathed it in for a few hours,i felt breathless for the first time in my life roughly a few months later-albeit only slightly and noticed an acidic taste in my lungs,i also had several chest infections thereafter and was producing masses of phlegm and often losing my taste and getting terrible coughs,i quit smoking at 26 four yrs ago now,however since then i feel i have gradually got worse and my breathlessness is now quite severe,and forced me to quit-however my most recent x ray is clear and spirometry results normal-also my throat often has quite bad pain in it randomly.
Hi!
If the symptoms were due to asbestos exposure, chest X-rays would be diagnostic and spirometry tests would not have been normal. It is quite possible that the exposure to some chemical in the past set a paranoid reaction in you due to the strange behavior of your father. The pain in throat and phlegm can be due to a bad gastric reflux cause by years of stress and smoking. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. See if this helps. Consult a doctor and find out the cause. Take care!
also i have recently been diagnosed with anemia as my blood reading was 12.8 and they arent sure why as my spirometry results are normal