Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
chest tightness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

chest tightness

My chest is tightening I am 21 all of a sudden
Hi!
A feeling of chest tightening can be due to inability to take adequate breath. This can be due to anemia, COPD/asthma or due to a heart problem. You will need blood tests and other examination of lung and heart to find the cause. All these may also cause breathlessness (on exertion to start with). Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.