Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
copd
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

copd

49 male stage 4 copd, how long do u think i'll be able to keep working? i have desk job, on phone most of day. not on o2 yet.
Blank
1277598_tn?1271097794
well in theory for quite some time...your symptoms will dictate how long you can work.  Key measures to extend your work life and an active life style include remaining free of tobacco, exercise, and use of appropriate medications.  It is very individual how one will tolerate the degree of impairment you have.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You're considered stage 4, and you're not on O2 yet?  That's surprising.  I understand your question and your desire for a time frame, but I'm not sure that anyone will be able to give that to you.  There's just not a reliable way to judge how your disease will progress.  Some people do quite well for a very long period time.  I'd just suggest staying in touch with your doctor to monitor your condition.  The fact that you have a desk job would be a plus.  How newly diagnosed are you?
Blank
1277598_tn?1271097794
well in theory for quite some time...your symptoms will dictate how long you can work.  Key measures to extend your work life and an active life style include remaining free of tobacco, exercise, and use of appropriate medications.  It is very individual how one will tolerate the degree of impairment you have.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
You don't sound like stage 4. If you were you would be seriously incapacitated and on oxygen. Yet there you are working away....
Blank
well my fev is 29, bmi 29 seeing lung dr. late Aug. i have alot of trouble breathing after walking normal speed and carrying bags from car to house(about 25 ft away) my gp wants me on o2???? thanx for your input.
Blank
its crazy i know..i still smoke haveing brething issues was 57% on fev1 im sure its alot Les..but my Sat's are 98%..i can walk but get winded not serve but still the same..i guess im in stage 2..but i know people stage 4 that stopped smoking and still work..im unlucky on disability..
Blank
Dr. Wilson, can i send you all my pft, abg test, and ct scan and get your insight on copd progresstion?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...