copd
My husband has stage 4 COPD and didn't tell me until a few days ago. He finally told me cuz I was going to call 911. Last 60 days loss of taste coughing all night bizarre sleep patterns dizziness confusion right ARM neck jaw and hand almost completely non functional both hands swelling clubs at the right wrist sometimes conversations that don't make sense breathless a lot mood swings chest pressure problems with urinating twitching and most recently calling our 10 year old Noel when his name is Noah... I'm terrified and new to this. He will not and has not followed any doctors orders or recommendations still smoking 2 packs a day has a severe heart arrhthymia I'm just beside myself. How do I know when to call for help. End symptoms?? Are these symptoms I listed normal for COPD? Any advise pleaseeee. He is 58 years.
Hi!
No, these symptoms are not at all normal. They probably indicate too low oxygen and a compromise of the heart and kidneys as well. Please call 911 or rush to the emergency immediately. He needs urgent medical are, oxygen and stabilization of his condition. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.