discovery
Recently I underwent surgery on my femoral artery. Endarterectomy, a successful undertaking I'm happy to say. The reason I'm posting however is a discovery I made while recuperating from that surgery. I have moderately severe copd and take Spiriva & occasionally Albuteral to manage. The Spiriva works for me but I still feel short of breath everyday. The copd lets me know that its there anyway. They prescribed me vicodin to control the pain after surgery. Not one time during that time did I even have a hint of copd symptoms. I don't want to advocate taking an addictive substance BUT am I the only one that has made this observation? Has anyone else noticed it?? Thank you
Since oneone responded I thought I would tell you about the research that I did on the subject. Opiates started to be used for copd in 2008, only then it was only for the last stage of copd, when TX becomes "comfort Only" as they put it. However in recent years they are looking into using it in moderate to severe cases. Of course since pain control has taken a back seat because of all the addiction issues, I don't look for this to become a common practice any time soon.