dry lungs
Is there anything that I can do to alleviate my lungs from being so dry. This is just something that I have been exeriencing the past couple iof months. I use Advair twice a day and Spiriva once a day. I also use albuterol (nebulizer) in the mornings to open up my lungs.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
757137 tn?1347200053
Speaking from experience using all three of your medications, the culprit is Spiriva. It turned my lungs to glue and I stopped taking it. In any case it had produced no benefits. The other two medications are also somewhat drying, so you might use a natural mucolytic (mucus thinner). I take 1000 mg of vitamin B5 daily. Since taking it my bronchitis is minimal and I got rid of my sinus headaches. There are absolutely no side effects.

Stick with natural stuff when you can. I no longer use Advair because of very nasty side effects and take natural anti-inflammatories instead (mullein extract and MSM, as well as the B5 which is also anti-inflammatory), My condition has actually improved by 15%,according to my peak flow meter. I still use albuterol and an antihistamine, however. I have moderate COPD.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources