Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
low blood pressure and chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

low blood pressure and chest pain

My blood pressure is 86/60 and lately I have felt alot of pain in my chest.  Is this something I should worry about?  My blood pressure is usually 120/90.
Your blood pressure is rather low. As far as the pain in your chest, I cannot really say, without knowing more details. And even then, I may not be able to answer you.

My suggestion would be see your doctor. Tell him about the low blood pressure and the pain in your chest. Could be an upper respiratory infection. I though am not really sure and do not want to tell you wrong.

Like you, my blood pressure was always in the good range....120/70 or so. Then, my blood pressure few years ago, got to dropping low on me, like your pressure currently is. Then, it went the other way and now I have high blood pressure. And have to take blood pressure med. Go figure. But, this may not be happening to you. I also have COPD. I am 53 and the body is going shot on me...LOL.

You also could be anemic. Really it could be several or more things.

I think though the low blood pressure and pain in your chest, does warrant a visit to your doctor though.

Wishing you the best outcome.

Thanks for answering.  I'm kind of new at this so bear with me.  I have seen my Dr.  but he didn't really know.  He gave me a steroid shot because he thought maybe my allergies were worse this year.  Maybe that's all it was....