Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
low oxygon levels with exercising
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

low oxygon levels with exercising

dear doctor, im only 32 years old,female ,non smoker and have been diagnosed with emphysema. ive smoked in the past but never many or regulary. i dont have alpha 1 defiencey either.as far as i know my  lungs dont look too bad on x rays but when i had lung function tests my walking test show my oxygon levels drop to 71% the other tests were only slightly low/more or less within normal range. wasnt really concerned at the time when i was told but now after reading up on this im am slighly worried,i dont want to end up on oxygon at my age !! i do get a heavy chest and short of breath a little when active and during night i feel i dont get enough air. at rest my levels were normal...i think.i often have chest pain ,usually left sided. ive been given inhalers and having another lung function in 3 months. should i be worried? and do you think emphysema is  right diagnoses for me? and for what reasons would my levels drop like this?
thank you x