Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
yellow phlegm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

yellow phlegm

is yellow phleghm and cough bad?
Hi Agnes, i'm 48 and was diagnosed with asthma in 1995 which they reckon i have had all my life. and 8 yrs ago i was diagnosed with copd then soon after rheumatoid arthritis. as for the yellow phelghm i'd been bringing that up for some time with a really bad chesty cough. i used to smoke until i had to give up due to a bad breathing attack i had following a chest infection 2 wks ago. do you smoke? if so and you could give up then you would see a change in your cough going and phleghm? its frustrating mine went on for ages i was buying over the counter medicines. what i used to do morning and evening was steam, that helps to break up the mucus and is good for that and head colds. good luck and keep in touch to let me know how you get on kind regards stel