Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Always in Pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Always in Pain

I have two Immune diseases and nothing I do seems to help.  I have been diagnosed with lupis and sjrogrens syndrom (syndrome).  I have tried placquinel but it doesn't help.  I was just recently diagnosed with degenerate joint disease. The pain in my face and neck is unbareable.   Is there anything or anyone that can make this constant pain go away?  I had jaw surgery on Dec. 9 and my pain is worse now than before the surgery.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
204216_tn?1212592291
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have the same illnesses you do and a couple of others. I'm sure you know that there are not many answers for some of the problems. I have begun to try different ways of self help. This may seem too simple, but when you have face pain it is made so much worse by tense muscles. I chew gum to keep my jaws relaxed and I use heat on the back of my neck and shoulders. Those wraps that you can heat in the microwave work well. Sometimes alternating heat and cold can help also.I just thought I would pass this along. It may be something you have already tried.You may need a nightguard to keep from tensing at night.Good luck to you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank