Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Always in Pain

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Always in Pain

I have two Immune diseases and nothing I do seems to help.  I have been diagnosed with lupis and sjrogrens syndrom (syndrome).  I have tried placquinel but it doesn't help.  I was just recently diagnosed with degenerate joint disease. The pain in my face and neck is unbareable.   Is there anything or anyone that can make this constant pain go away?  I had jaw surgery on Dec. 9 and my pain is worse now than before the surgery.
1 Comment
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have the same illnesses you do and a couple of others. I'm sure you know that there are not many answers for some of the problems. I have begun to try different ways of self help. This may seem too simple, but when you have face pain it is made so much worse by tense muscles. I chew gum to keep my jaws relaxed and I use heat on the back of my neck and shoulders. Those wraps that you can heat in the microwave work well. Sometimes alternating heat and cold can help also.I just thought I would pass this along. It may be something you have already tried.You may need a nightguard to keep from tensing at night.Good luck to you.