Chronic Pain Expert Forum
CHRONIC SCAR TISSUE PAIN

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

CHRONIC SCAR TISSUE PAIN

I HAD A PYLOPLASTY PROCEDURE DONE WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD.  I HAVE BEEN ALSO PASSING KIDNEY STONES LIKE CRAZY OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS.  BUT ANYWAYS THE SCAR TISSUE FROM ONE OF MY PROCEDURES HAS BEEN REALLY EXTREMELY PAINFUL AND I'M AT THE POINT WHERE I WANT TO JUST RIP MY RIGHT KIDNEY OUT!!  THE PAIN HAS REALLY DONE A NUMBER ON ME AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.  PLEASE HELP
I suggest posting at the board of a kidney specialist, as this is a bit beyond my expertise;  my understanding, though, is that in the case of chronic stones, one can make dietary changes or take medication to reduce stone formation.

Scar tissue is a tough situation as surgery to remove it can lead to more scarring. If the scar tissue is so severe as to destroy your quality of life, you might, at some point, need to consider finding a good urologist to go back in and redo the pyeloplasty.
Ditto what Dr. J. said.  I'm a scar tissue veteran of some 10 years, and the pain is something I've had to learn to live with.  It's treated fairly well, but the nausea and vomiting due to bowel obstruction from said scar tissue is another story.  No more surgical intervention for me unless I'm completely obstructed and need an emergency bowel resection.

If you don't currently have a pain specialist working with you, now would be a good time to find one.