Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Chronic Headaches and Chronic Fatigue for past 3 years

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

I am an 18 year old male high school senior dual enrolled in high school and college, but take all my classes at college this year. My symptoms have been affecting my ability to get good grades, however, as I am always tired, have had a nonstop chronic headache since the beginning of high school, and these cause me to lose the ability to concentrate and make me miss class often. The problem is, my symptoms have gotten worse lately, and school is much harder this year.

My symptoms are:
-Chronic fatigue (will sleep for 12 hours sometimes and my mom won't be able to wake me to go to class) and I don't feel like sleep ever makes me fully rested (always wake up with black circles under my eyes). I yawn all the time every day and then my eyes water.

-I have had chronic headaches every day all day since my freshman year of high school and I am now a senior and still have it. I have tried multiple chiropractors, a physical therapist, and have been trying a few treatments and been tested for multiple things with a doctor. Nothing seems to help. The intensity varies but they never go away. It is usually a dull ache on the left side of my head. The pain is normally on the left side of my head, stemming from the base of my skull, or upper left neck, and moving up to the left temple and top of the head. Sometimes there will be a sharp pain in the base of my skull on the left side. It is sometimes accompanied by migraine-like symptoms as well.

-I did have an injury to my neck in the preseason of ninth grade while playing soccer. I fell on it and then a big kid on the other team that was a senior landed on top of me while my neck was at an awkward angle already. After that, my neck would only bend one way for a few days, but that eventually wore off. I can't remember when my headaches started that year though.

Again, your help would be invaluable and greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
1 Comment
Friend a few months ago feel pain similar to the neck, perhaps because of a bad position. I don't know because it reflects back pain, i visited a few weeks ago to the doctor and told me that lower back pain are reflections in the neck and arms, so i draw examinations to determine why the pain. I have prescribed vicodin to soothe the pain because they are very intense, but I have read in findrxonline that this medicine cause insomnia and allergies, although so far i have no problems. I recommend you visit to a specialist as soon as possible.