Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Esophagus pain

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Esophagus pain
Almost daily now, I will get a pain that starts behind my sternum and radiates up into my throat.  It is a dull heavy pain that incompacitates me for about 30 to 60 minutes.  The only thing that helps is heat applied to the chest area and sitting up very straight with my head tilted back as if to stretch out my neck.  This pain is not predictable, can happen any time during the day or night.
I would see a Dr. for a Heart and Gastro assessment. A Gastrocopy would look at your esophogos and stomach and probably a chest x ray and ecg bloodwork etc. I am sure your Dr will look after you once he assesses you. Do you have reflux disease?
Thank you I intend to do that as soon as I can. Without insurance I am afraid the tests will be very expensive.  No I have never had reflux disease as far as I know.