Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Prialt

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Prialt
My Pain Management guy wants me to put Prialt in my pump (Dilaudud ain't working).  Tell me what you know/think about Prialt, please.  I've read some horror stories...
Thanks!
Hiii,
The medicine which you are talking about is - Ziconotide, which is FDA approved drug, given intra-thecally, for the pain control.
Forget about all the horror storied and try this drug, and if it gives you relief, then nothing's better.
However if you feel uncomfortable, then we can discuss further.
Thanks very much.  They want me to do a "trial" through a lumbar puncture, then, if successful, replace the Dilaudid with this stuff...I'm getting to where I think I'll try it. Would appreciate further discussion:  Are people who hve tried this just "making up" the horror stories I've read about psychotic breaks, hallucinations, horrid dreams, etc?  I've been told to contact the rep for this drug and ask her about it, but what the hell you think she's going to say?
A related discussion, intracle pump was started.