Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Sharp shooting pain in left rib cage and neck

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

I suddenly started having very sharp, spiradic, pains in my lower left rib cage and left side of my neck. Not a cramp, but a sharp jabbing pain for a few seconds. Also now I have a constant pain under my ribs, left side, and feel like my skin hurts, almost like a sunburn, and that runs around to my left mid-back. This morning I awoke to a piercing pain jabbing down the top of my head on the left side. The head pain, I have experienced for years now with no explaination, but all of this other stuff started a few days ago. I feel it is some how related. Any info appreciated.
jg7
Wondering if you have any fatigue at all with this pain?
When I had mononucleosis I had just the kind of pain on my left side under ribs due to enlarged spleen.  I also had some neck pain because of swollen glands.