Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Still really worried about Mid chest and back pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Still really worried about Mid chest and back pain

My Echo-Cardiogram was normal, as was the nuclear heart stress test, so I am not worried about heart disease and no other tests are scheduled for my mid chest and back pain & tight breathing sensations. Unfortunately the way I am wired and despite the tests Inc. CT body scan, bone scan, thoracic MRI gastrocopy, extensive blood work etc I am still really worried about my chest/back pain being cancer. What do you think Dr Junig? My Dr. and Psychiatrist who I just started seeing both don't think I have cancer and that it its extreme anxiety, fixation on cancer/pain, hypochonriosis & psycho somatic type pain.

I have started Cymbalta 60mg & have been on it for a week. When I take Clonazepam it seems to reduce the chest/back pain, not sure why as it is not a pain killer? The Cymbalta is causing a couple of side effects including tingling sensations in my head & limbs & I feel more panicky/nervous.

I am curious if you think I might benefit  from a chest MRI, would it look at more than the Chest CT scan?  Curious as to what are your thoughts on that and are there any other diagnostic tests you think I might benefit from to assess my mid-chest and back pain and the tight chest sensations I get?  

My family Dr. said that SSRI/SNRI medication adjustment can be tough and cause some side effects but should settle down within a couple of weeks and he says there is no way I should worry about cancer causing my pain as I have had an extremely thorough diagnostic/blood workup and I need to let go of the cancer fears despite the pain I am in and he feels that I do not require a chest MRI, as I had the chest and abdominal CT scan, which he says is very detailed, chest x ray bone scan, Gastrocopy and many other tests. I wish I wasn't still so anxious and worried about cancer, but the pain sets me off and makes me think cancer. Amy suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks