Chronic Pain Expert Forum
VERY BAD BLOOD BLISTER

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

VERY BAD BLOOD BLISTER

I HAVE AN EXTREMELY BAD BLOOD BLISTER THAT IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A HUGE WART ON THE SIDE OF MY FINGER.  I HAS BEEN THERE ABOUT A MONTH AND IS AS LARGE AS MY FINGERNAIL.  IT IS ALSO STARTING TO HURT.  MY FINGER IS GETTING SORE EVEN THOUGH I AM KEEPING IT EXTREMELY CLEAN AND COVERED.  WHAT SHOULD I DO?  SHOULD I GET MEDICAL ATTN?  WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD I USE?  SHOULD I PULL THE DRIED BLOOD OR LEAVE ALONE? THANK YOU.
At this point I think it best to go to an urgent care center and have it lanced and treated.  I am a bit concerned that this has been going on for a month-- that is a long time for a simple blood blister!  The general treatment would be to relieve the pressure-- although I don't know why you would still have active bleeding after this much time!  Given the pain you are having I am concerned that something else is going on-- infection, for example.  

If you do have it looked at (and I think you should), please come back and tell us what it was.

JJ
THANK YOU JJ,
  SHOULD I GO TO A URGENT CARE CENTER OR TO A DERMATOLOGIST?