Chronic Pain Expert Forum
cronic cramping pain

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

cronic cramping pain

what cause pain from the elbows to the fingers where  my hands turn inward and my fingers cramp in different directions? Also  leg cramps from my calfs  to my toes causing my ankles and feet to turn inward with the toes going in different directions? any specific test I can have done? I've been to my regular doc., foot doc., neurologist too so far no one can answer why I get these horrible oains. thank you
Your symptoms sound as is the muscles are cramping up tightly, causing pain like a 'charlie horse;-- if that is the is the case I wonder about an electrolyte abnormality, or a primary muscle disorder such as myotonic dystrophy.  I would see a rheumatologist, or perhaps in internal medicine doc.  The tests would include a set of the basic labs, plus aan EMG, which looks specifically at the activity of your muscles, comparing the 'normal areas' to the activity in painful areas to look for clues to the cause.
My hands cramp daily when I lie down to rest after lunch, or sit in meetings. At both times I have a book or pencil in hand. Occasional leg cramps occur at night also. I'd like to know how to prevent and or recover from the painful cramping.
Thank you for your imput...I allso get a twitching in my eyes...more the right eye and once in awhile I'll have a blood vestal pop. Could this be linked to the promblems I'm having with hands and feet?
A related discussion, cramps was started.