Chronic Pain Expert Forum
multiple muscle pulls
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

multiple muscle pulls

Background: Back injury, left upper buttock near SI joint area. First time injured by my dog tied to my belt loop on my pants and dog yanked me forward. I had pain since Dec. 2007 for 6 months with pain down my left thigh to knee. Physical therapy helped and the pain went away for 11/2 years.Second time September 2009, I was doing yoga.
Tests: MRI both times negative. Second time bone scan also negative.
Doctors: dx: musculoskeltal, not structural, dynamic, myofascial, PT's say torn ligament or SI joint.
Physical therpists 2010 #1 I got better and had no pain after 6 weeks but got hurt by bending. Went to PT#2, manual therpist did wrong leg and I had severe pain, Dec, 2010. I sat in  my chair for a month and got weak. I had a very tight leg thigh and calf.  I went to PT#3 also a manual therapist.I did well until he made me do a lunge, and pulled a muscle due to being weak from sitting. I continued to improve a bit until he did traction on that leg and pulled a muscle again. I was at home and I tore something in mid buttock near SI joint but more near middle. After that last tear I couldn't lift my foot and get into the shower or go outside for about two months, due to pain and I couldn't wash my privates and get my pants on because I'm too tight and can't cross the leg and it hurts. I know I sat too much and I guess stiffened up? i walked starting at 2 minutes every hour then finally got to 30 minutes in the morning and 10 in the afternoon and started stretching.I can get into the shower but I still cannot wash the privates well and so forth. I have pulled a muscle about every two weeks (once I start feeling better and getting stronger).
Questions, 1. I am afraid of another injury by another PT so how can I get out of this mess? Can I do this at home?
2. how much sitting should I do/day and how fast to increase getting up. 3. what type of doctor should I go to next?
4. how much exercise and what type?  
thank you,
mkh9