Chronic Pain Expert Forum
numerous symptoms, no diagnosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

numerous symptoms, no diagnosis

Hello,

I am a 25 year old female, and have been experiencing numerous problems over the past few months.  Most severe of which have been neck pain, and severe throbbing in my arms and legs.  The pain seems to be worse when I am sitting or lying down.  Numbness has not been an issue, every now and then i'll get brief periods of numbness in my arms/legs, but it disappears quickly.  I have noticed, though, that I have recurring episodes of tingling on my scalp and the sides of my face.  The leg pain is worsening, it has recently been waking me up at night.  I have also been experiencing periods of severe fatigue, vertigo, headaches and sometimes loss of balance.  Additionally I have had worsening joint pain over the past few years (not sure if there is a relation).  I am in recovery from alcoholism (3 years sober), so i choose not to take any strong medications, as i do not like putting mind altering substances in my body; however it did get so bad i tried taking Tramadol and Flexeril - they did not help at all.  

I recently went to my primary care physician, and he referred me to a neurosurgeon.  I had routine bloodwork done and an mri of my head and neck - all of which was normal.  The only thing slightly off was a slight narrowing of the spinal canal in my neck.

The neurosurgeon believes all of this is due to me tapering off my antidepressant - i'm not sure if i believe this is the case.  I am getting concerned because the symptoms seem to be worsening.  I was wondering if you had any clues as to what might be going on, or any recommendations for further testing.  Thank you.