Chronic Pain Expert Forum
pain in penis, testicles pelvic area
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pain in penis, testicles pelvic area

I am a 24 year old male and have had this pain since I had a suprapubic catheter placed and removed in early 2005. The catheter was only used for a matter of a few weeks. i have since had testicular pain (one or both testicles), burning during ejaculation (both masturbation and sex), burning during urination, painful bowel movements, pain in the anal area and pain in the abdomen area, and base of penis. the pain can be stabbing, burning, cramping or guardedness During sex the pain becomes so excruciating that i can not perform and have to stop. The symptoms vary depending on what i am doing at the time but there always seems to be a sense of guardedness and slight pain around the area of the incision. when i sleep i wake up in pain a lot.this has been going on for almost 4 years now. i am very concerned. Thank you so much in advance for your replies!
666151_tn?1311117976
I'm trying to imagine how the ilioinguinal nerve could be injured during placement of a suprapubic catheter- on both sides!?  Not likely.  And even that wouldn't explain the pain in the anal area.  What was the reason for the suprapubic catheter?
8 Comments
Blank
oplease note that the burning pain from urinating varies from moderate to very severe and the pain in the anal area during bowel movements always occur.
Blank
also pain in shaft during an erection.. sorry for multiposting. i do not see an edit button
Blank
I had a surgery for hydrocephalus and had to go back into the hospital after i started experiencing extreme headaches and vision issues. it was discovered that that particular procedure did not work. After being in the hospital for a while after my return they attempted to place a Foley catheter a few times. the urologist mentioned that he needed to do it the suprapubic catheter route. I had a shunt revision to correct the hydrocephalus within a short time later. Also it may be worth mentioning i was on 2 vicodin for every 4-6 hours following the procedures. Thank you so much for your reply Dr. Junig. I am very curious to find out what you think the possible causes could be.
Blank
it also may be relavant to mention that i havent been on vicodin for a couple of years. the only pain medication i take is IB profenevery few days.
Blank
it is also important to note that when i press down and move the tissue around the scar that testicular pain. penis pain, and the general area pain increased.
Blank
the area with the most constant pain is the area surrounding the scar. This always is a discomfort of some sort in the penis but it increases and decreases. testicles do feel pain but not all of the time. at this moment the only testicle that hurts is my left one.
Blank
there not this... iq drops are normal at 2 am
Blank
A related discussion, pelvic pain was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank