409?1254450745
Chronic pain of Neuropathy User Group
Severed median nerve
About This Group:

I'd like to share experiences of others suffering from this very painful disease .We can share what pain meds we take, how long we've had it , how if affects our daily lives . My name is Les and I've had PN since 2004 .It's gotten progressively worse as time goes by . I'm also a type 2 diabetic with heart disease .

Founded by Les1980 on October 1, 2009
69 members

Severed median nerve

Hi Everyone!
I just found this forum tonight after looking for a place that I might get some support on the days I need it and offer empathy/sympathy and hope for those looking for it.  5 yrs ago I was in a car accident-that was ALL my fault. After the car rolled and I was ejected, I found my L hand crushed under the roof.  Needless to say there wasn't much left for them to work with but they did their best.  In the end, I had a severed median nerve (hence the title, lol) numerous damaged nerves in my wrist, hand & fingers, severed and beyond repair arterial vein, and a degloving injury-where I was lucky to have a donor transplant approx 4 inch of cadaver skin on my hand.  *Sigh, so with all that said, I was told I would never use this hand again in a matter of fact way.  My family help me find the best surgeon and after 13 surgeries I DO use my left hand.  Still.....  the pain some days (from the nerves) can be unbearable, I can't bend my thumb tip and I must use all my strength to make a fist.  Im on oxycodone,morphin,lyrica,carbotrol (hate it!!) effexor and klonopin.  Wheew!  So thats the short of my story.  The reason really doesn't matter and the intensity doesn't either.  Pain is pain!!  We all can relate.  And thats why Im here.  I've become unmotivated, unaccountable, depressed and have lost my social life by isolating.  So you folks are my first step :)  Hopefully I've come to the right place.  Thanks for listening.   Shawnee1058
Sorry to hear about your accident.  I was in a car accident 28 years ago (hit by a drunk driver) and went through the windshield severing my right ulnar nerve and shredding my arm. I had a great neurosurgeon and he reattached the nerve.  I also was told that I would not get the use or feeling back in my hand.  He was wrong, I got most of it back, but had terrible pain while it was regrowing and my hand would frequently cramp up into a fist that I couldn't open.  He put me on percodan and dilantin(for the spasms). I was allergic to the nerve meds (we tried 2 others) so I had to live through it with only the narcotic.  It does get better.  It took almost 4 years before the nerve pain went away. Lots of physical therapy helped.  I have no problems with it today. Keep trying anything the doctors give you, you're getting into the home stretch, things should start to improve!
There are number of problems associated with injury, pain,social isolation. Major component of the problem is anxiety the mind remains unbalanced. If we can take care or our mind we may be able to face every day problem with equanimity
Six phase mediation-gratitude,forgiveness,creativity,visualization, daydreaming and blessing can help us to overcome the problem to some extent. Mr. Om home-our member will have few words on this problem. Wish you best of luck..
Sorry, I have posted this message in a wrong group.Chronic pain couch is the group, I thought that I am posting in. Om home is a member of couch group. I will request him to write some advice to you.
Or you may copy and paste these communication to Chronic Pain Coach group.
Dalubaba commented on photo
Dalubaba commented on Boys entering puberty...
Aug 24
Dalubaba commented on photo
Aug 23