Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Anyone experience what I did?

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Anyone experience what I did?

Hi all, had a hard time logging in for a couple of days.. Glad I am back!
As some of my (3) friends remember, I am brand spanking new honestly did not know what the H*** some were even talking about with all the Symbols and amounts... But, I have taken some steps to gain some knowledge & time to get on with it.
FIRST >. I went and got a complete copy of my file. I may not know what I am looking at...
Don't know if that makes me smart or scared but it is what it is....and we are what we are.. I am 1b

I have my HCV RNA,PCR...a manual differential scan for CBC. I have 2 pages that list Chemistry testing and Automated Hematology. I have a TSH a Lipid Profile & a Cholesterol ref range. And Urinalysis.... So, If now I am asked about something and given some abbreviations.. I have them. I also have load numbers from 2010 to 2013 now.
MY BIGGEST problem is:
I had my biopsy done yesterday,, don't know about anyone else, but considering my digestive situation.. It hurt. & I screamed more than they could put the Versed in me... Don't know where biopsies are done on others
BUT.. WOW... in 2009 I had an 7" hiatal hernia meshed back into my esophagus...the esophagus was pulled down into my stomach, then stomach muscles wrapped around it to hold it in place.

All I can say is that when I get a BIG case of gas, I cannot burp.. Occasionally, I get a sever pain (gas or irritation) right in the center of my rib cage..   AND when they stuck that needle (right there) to get the tissue... It made me want to curl up and run for water & my pill. I am 24/7 on Nexium and was told this would probably be for life..

I know after time, gravity pulls and with all the parts I am missing or have had adjusted... things move around... But, from what was supposed to numb me with lidocaine...I wanted a button to push.!!.. I had almost triple the amount of Versed and Fentanyl... Then they say lay on your back for a couple of hours.... When I went into recovery I asked for a nexium and water and within 20 minutes that pain was gone...

I don't know what it was.. what they went thru or if this area was the normal... I won't get the results back from the GI doctor until about wednesday and there is not a follow up appt with him until the results are in. My primary Dr is set for 4/18...

Can someone direct me to a page to ask a Dr around here?
When I got home I crashed good, but even this morn I got leftover discomfort After my normal pain pill and Nexium.
Guess I could "TAG" into another forum... but don't know where..

For everyone... I have no idea where I would be without you all.....
<3
If you go back to forums, there's a section that says ask a doctor. I think. Lol!!  
I've heard not all biopsies are bad. But mine was not to fun either. By the time we learn all this stuff we won't need it again. It was very good of you to get all your records in order. I was advised by someone on here to do that also. That will always come in handy.  You could also post in the hep c forum and will get more responses. I know this one was about your liver. Check out the ask a Dr. forum, I'm not sure about those but one of them I was going to have to pay. I didn't do that!!! Ha!! Ok good luck to you!!!
Well Mzkity... Had no idea that I had "clicked off the HepC page...
It took me 5 hours today just to get re registered... Hummm am that out in left field.... Better to Paste and copy there? ya think?

Turn left go 5 miles and it is the second house on the right.. you will see a window with a yellow curtain..... haha

Thanks...
I thought Advocate would be on line... wanna be Pal's since you are allowed to tell me where to go?  Thanks
Hi colorpal, sorry your biopsy wad painful. I wonder if it has something to do with your response to fentanyl? Yes, I think it's a good idea to copy and paste your post and put it over on the Hep C forum as more people on that forum have probably had biopsies. This is the cirrhosis forum, and includes people with cirrhosis both with or without hep c. I also belong to the hepatitis social forum where people post about all things related to hepatitis.
I'd be happy to chat with you colorpal.
Advocate1955
Doubt that it was a reaction to fentanyl, I have had it with versed many times.. well 3 wisdom extractions and 4 root canals that didn't take.. So they jerked them out... (4 missing now but at least we can not see when smiling.. very lucky there, cuz' I have a big mouth smile) But that made me a Firm believer of no more root canals... pull & fill with implant or bridge....
LOL   now I am really in the wrong forum.... Follow my bouncy ball... ;-)