Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Ca19

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Ca19

Hi Guys!!! It has been awhile, had somethings going on for a bit. I think I told you that my right kidney they measured was way smaller. Well they done a cat scan and found to large masses off of the ovaries measuring larger than grapefruits. So they done Ca blood test the 25 was slightly elevated and 19 was 283.3. I am set for surgery on the 29th and oncologist said he is on the line if it is cancer are not. I know the ca19 can be elevated because of the liver am I right. Just wandering if I should be worried about cancer of the liver or pancreas are what?
Hi jules95.  I'm sorry you're having these issues.  I'm glad they are on it though.  As far as being worried....it is my philosophy to try not to worry about what "might" be.  We'd spend most of our time worrying when we can spend it on happier thoughts.  I'd just wait to find out what they say when they get a good look and figure it out for sure.  Until then, try to focus on positive things.  :)  Please keep us posted.

You're in my thoughts and prayers,

best of luck

shelley
I know that CA 19 - 9 can be elevated in patients with cirrhosis. It is generally associated with pancreatic cancer. I think Shelly is right. Don't borrow trouble - as my Mom used to tell me. Think positively and stay focused on the bright side. It's the waiting that can wear us down so try to keep your mind occupied on fun and positive things.

I wish you the best.

Mike
It's great that they'll have a gyne oncologist standing by in case it is cancer because then they can prevent it from spreading as they remove it and they can stage it as well. Sounds like you are in great hands. Be sure that your surgeon knows about the cirrhosis and the state of your liver, so he/she can be careful about anesthesia and pain meds. I agree with Shelley and mikesimon, it is probably just benign ovarian cysts and not cancer.
Advocate1955