Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Electronic Lab Results

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Electronic Lab Results

I signed up for the electronic results last week for the hematologist.  She said she prob would not have them all in before my appt. She ran an ANA (may take longer but sure she has that info now), CMP, hepatitis, etc  My CBC was the only lab posted 2 days ago.    

I'm wondering why she only posted the CBC and not the others.  I called the office yesterday, the nurse had it in her system..she could see them.  She said well, she didnt understand one thing so she would talk to the Dr and call me right back. That was 10 am.  No phone call.  I called at the end of the day and the nurse told me that the dr would talk to my at my appt on Monday about them. Has anyone else dealt with this?  

Also had to get an IFC IFE urinalysis done yesterday for the dr..an added test.  

Paula

Hey Paula...I have no earth shattering insight to add, just an ear to hear....I know exactly how frustrating it can be to have to wait for results, call after call...in fact, just in this morning's mail finally received husband's lab results from January!  We had returned to office on date requested, only to be told that they had been mailed so to go home and wait for them. Fine, so we did and they did come in....no correction, an interpretative cover sheet came in their stead with little "x" 's  in front of Normal or Abnormal on a couple of line items...no values at all...and seeing how I had antibodies for Hep C then of course we were expecting the results of his antibody test...nope...so finally wrote letter and got in the actual lab results...as if we don't have enough on our plates...so stick with it and make some noise girl!
I've made noise.  I was On Hold forever on Friday.  I called at 10 am and waited till 4:45 to call them again.  Waited forever for the nurse and she got on the phone and said...the dr said she will talk to you at your appt.   I know I am not their only patient but....  I live alone and wanted to scratch off some of the diseases they were looking at just for peace of mind.  I know I have lupus....and have had it for about 3 yrs but the labs dont show it.  I am sure it does now.  Plus I am worrying about the CMP results for the liver and wondered why they weren't posted.  Also I am waiting for hep tests results and they're not posted.  I dont have the ANA results either.  I think your mind goes in all sorts of directions when they post one thing and not another..though I know they have to review these tests.  I am pretty sure I have lupus and have had it for years tho' the labs didnt show it 2 yrs ago.  My hair is thinning so badly and I have the malar rash.  

Cant believe the bloodwork from January didnt arrive till recently.  Good grief!! Thats way too long to wait.

I hope that your results were better than expected and that you're doing well.  I'm still in the waiting phase...takes forever to get into the hep here.

Thanks so much for getting back to me..Paula