Getting a Transplant soon!!!
I thought I would let you know...

I got the word on Tuesday from my hepatologist…
I will be getting a transplant within the next 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I feel so lucky and grateful.

Of 353 blood type Os waiting for transplant here in SF, I only have 15-20 in front of me! Wow, I felt such relief and happiness when I heard this. Still smilin'.

For me it has been a rough the last 3 years as I have been experiencing complications of decompensated cirrhosis (the cirrhosis nasties), developed liver cancer and have been disabled.

Finally seeing light is at the end of the tunnel I can deal with about anything for for the next few months. As long as my liver cancer doesn't become fatal first (fingers and toes crossed), I am fine with waiting.

I want others who are now hospitalized and sicker than myself, to get their transplants before me. Every week at the hospital I see people suffering so much more than me. Physically and mentally. I hate to see them and their loved ones suffering not knowing if their mother, father, son, daughter will get a liver today or die today. That is so horrible. Beyond words. I know my time is short but my suffering is bearable. For some of my fellow liver transplant patients, that is not the case...

I am very-very-very relieved and HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As baseball great Lou Gehrig said after his diagnosis of ALS.

"... today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth"

:-)
So very happy for you dear Hector. I cannot wait to see you strutting around with your new liver in place!
YEAH!!!
That is wonderful news Hector and I'm thrilled for you.
I wish you all the best.
Be well,
Michael
WOW I am so happy for you!   I just had this feeling that your time was nigh!   Hang in there.  It won't be long now!
   That's great news!!!!   And you are undetectable too!    Take care and I hope it doesn't take that long (2 months)   Wonderful!!!!
Great news Hector, very happy for you. You have been such an inspiration and so helpful to everyone here I am so glad you are so close now, and our fingers and toes will be crossed for you!

VERY BEST OF LUCK!!!
Such great news!  You have really come a long way through all of this. Looking good...wishing you continued luck, you are on a roll.

Hector, it's been quite a long time since I've been this happy for someone whom I don't even personally know!!  You're a special gentleman - so generous.and helpful to us all.  I like to think of your countless and priceless contributions as "seed faithfully sown"...and now you're within sight of a well-deserved "harvest".....a new lease on life!!  With every good  wish -
PD
That is great news Hector!
I'm very happy for you Hector.  This is wonderful news.
Advocate1955
Fantastic news , you have been through so much and have helped so many , it is your time now . What a way to start the new year and the beginning of a new life for you . All the best .
Thank for all your support. I appreciate it.

hector
You're a shining star Hector. You've stood firm during every trial and now the long awaited life giving liver. Wow. Karen :)
Dear H, this is just the best news!  I am so very very happy for you
Love
D
Hector if only your liver worked as good as your heart you would be in perfect condition. Well that's right around the corner! I hope the best for you my friend.

Randy
I am so thrilled to read this thread.  I have been wondering what progress has been made.

You are still treating for the Hep C, correct?  How has that been going? Are you sx free?  Will you treat up to the TP?

Hector, you make me smile.

bean
How did I miss this ?
You know I've been rooting for you. What a fabulous present for the New Year.
Hep C free and a new liver~ go guy go !
Mega-super-congratulations with best wishes for a mega-salubrious transplant my man! d
I don't pop into the forum often, but thrilled to read this great news!!!  Very happy for you H, not much longer of a wait now.  We're all behind you and cheering on.  Best to an may next year be the year of new beginnings, including a new healthy liver :)
God bless you dear Hector.  I have learned so much from you.  You are invaluable to everyone.  I wish for you all the best that life has to offer.
I am 8 most tx and owe so much to you for all of your helpful advice, counsel, support, thank you, thank you.  Since my first day here you have been my inspiration.
It has been so hard to see what everyone goes through and even more through your eyes as you see people with ESLD.

I wish for you the best of the best of the best
Dee