Hematologist wants a urinalysis done
i hsve low platelets and wbc.  My rheumy sent me to a hemaologist this week.  She is running all kinds of tests...lipase, amylase, CMP, CBC, thyroid, ANA...etc etc  Today their office called and wants me to have a urnalysis done tomorrow.  I know she has my labs back by now but they havent posted anything elctronically.  
Can you take a guess what she is looking for?  

I know there are probably lots of things.

Thanks all.....

Hector thinking of you and your procedure coming up soon.

Hugs..Paula
Hello Paula,

I know this waiting period can be very frustrating but it is just part of the process. For some of us the cause is more than apparent while for others like yourself it takes a while. It sounds like you are on the right track, keep watching your diet and stay active.

From one of your other posts:

"Just wondered if there is ever a day that you dont think of cirrhosis most of the time?  Its the first thing I think about when I wake up, last thing at night.  Then getting paperwork ready for the hep...and other drs appts..its hard.  I know I should concentrate and celebrate the present."

It's been three years for me since diagnosis and I still think about it daily, not always in a bad way though. My cause was alcoholism and so having to get sober has been the best years of my life. I almost spent my entire life that way. Since diagnosis I’ve learned to really love and appreciate the time I have with my loved ones and one thing still rings true for me: I will die someday, it’s part of life and I still don’t know when. I will do the best I can to survive as long as possible even more so than before! After a while passes you learn which things are good and bad for you and every choice becomes your new way of life. It gets easier I promise.

Randy
Hi Randy...I used to drink a long time ago and decided to stop 9-10 yrs ago.  I've dealt with r/a for 30 yrs and the meds I had to take MTX..didnt help.  Its known to cause liver/cirrhosis.  Had no idea at the time I took it.  Thought being wth friends and having drinks would not hurt.  At that time the newer meds were not available and my r/a pain was excruciating.  Couldnt get out of bed.  A drink would alleviate the pain.  I could kick myself but that's not productive.  

Congrats on being sober.  I always saw people drinking much more than me so didn't think I would ever have a problem.  Was I wrong!

Well...my new hema is now ordering the IFE and IFC  uruinalytsis...looking into multipule myeloma.  I always seem to have some issue going on.  Hard time eating..my nerves are shot.  

Thank you Randy...I am hoping I dont have another disease to contend with...we will see on Monday.  

Glad you're doing well...thanks for your nice words.  

Paula