Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
I am curious

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

I am curious

I will be going over these lab values on my next appt with the GI doc.  I wish I was in a better state of mind when I went to that GI appt, I would have consulted more .  Does anyone know about Heterogeneous liver, liver with coarse echotexture ??
The normal liver is soft, smooth, and has a homogenous echo texture.

Having a heterogeneous liver would suggest that there are some irregular cells within the liver. The texture or composition of the cells in the liver would not be uniform.
Heterogeneity in the liver mass may not necessarily be a serious problem in itself - it depends on the circumstances of the condition. Discovery of a heterogeneous liver condition will often be a pre-cursor to further medical testing taking place to investigate the problem further and establish the exact nature of the condition.

Coarse echotexture:

In Cirrhosis, the liver cells die off and form scar tissue inside the liver. The liver cells try to regenerate new cells to replace the ones that have died off. However, these new cells tend to bunch up against the scar tissue and cause the liver to take on a nodular appearance.

This makes the appearance of the liver appear lumpy. It can be seen in an ultrasound...look at this link:

http://www.stat.nctu.edu.tw/~misg/e_talk/statimage/liver_cirrhosis.htm

Randy
ok thanks for  your answer.  I have an ucoming GI appt and time to start advocating for myslf again.  I'm going to get over to UCSF as quickly as I can.  I've been there before as I was very sick a few years back ago as my AFP level was up to 969, I had lost alot of weight, bruising and ketching infections that I thought I would never get in life.  I was having a raging flare up.  This Hep C/Chirrosis.... Is rearing it's ugly head again but I'm a fighter...bring it on.  I wanna get in on a study and treatment again...God willing