Livatone Plus
Does anyone have any experience with Livatone Plus (Sandra Cabot) for liver disease?  Can it hurt?  I asked my pcp about it and he says it wont but I want to run it by others.

I still dont know if I have cirrhosis yet.  Seeing a gastro on 2/5 for a 2nd opinion.

Thanks...
See a gastroenterologist who knows something about advanced liver disease before taking anything any new substance. A PCP has no expertise of experience diagnosing or treating patients with advanced liver disease.

Can it hurt?
Yes. Many supplements or vitamins can harm the liver if you have cirrhosis.
Taking any substance can be dangerous if you have liver disease. Besides it won't slow or stop your liver disease so why take it?

Only be treating the underlying cause of liver disease can stop liver disease.

See a gastroenterologist or hepatologist and find out how much liver disease you have. Get a proper diagnosis and get treatment before more liver damage is done. Cirrhosis and advanced liver disease is a very serious illness and dealt with by seeing the best and most experienced medical resources available to you. You wouldn't go to a PCP for cancer diagnosis and treatment. You shouldn't do the same for cirrhosis either.

Good luck!

Cheers!
Hector
It's best to see a hepatologist for an accurate diagnosis.
The most effective way to help your liver is to stop doing whatever caused the liver damage in the first place.

The ingredients in Livatone Plus would not harm the liver of a person with cirrhosis.  There is plenty of research out there to show that they help.
I do have an appt to see a gastro on the 5th and then he will be referring me to a hep.  I dropped my other gastro since there was no communication from him after my tests, hard to get hold of the office and get a call back..missed a polyp, never called me back about my US results.  I  got a copy at medical records myself.  The US showed mild hetergeneous echogencity  liver size and other organs were normal.  But I do have some abnormals (most mild) in my liver function tests anf the panel.... When I check my MELD, I am at 7 right now.

Platelets are low but I am on biolgics for my r/a and have been on them for years.  My baseline is 110.  

The reason I am going to the new gastro is for another colonoscopy and egd... to go over my results..(I am bringing with me all my labs and tests) and to talk to him about a referral to the hep.  The egd had shown gr 2 non bleeding varices but the report never mentioned it so I call the office and the nurse said they do not do anything for those unless they bleed SOOOO...thats not for me.  I DO NOT want the first bleed to happen.  I also have rheum arth since forever so I am going to Hell In a Handbasket.  I wil be asking the gastro when  I see him on the 5th.
Thank you...I did see some good info on the Livatone Plus so its a question I'll be asking.  

I havent had a drink for about 9 years and am trying to eat well but its hard when you have r/a, divertuclosis and worrying about the liver.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

P