Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Started GS 7977 With Ribavirin Clinical Trial

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hi all!

I started HCV treatment yesterday September 5, 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'An Open-Label Study to Explore the Clinical Efficacy of GS 7977 With Ribavirin Administered Pre-Transplant in Preventing Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Recurrence Post-Transplant '
NCT01559844

Treatment Drugs:

2 200 mg of GS-7977 in morning
3 200 mg of Ribavirin in morning
3 200 mg of Ribavirin at night (12 hours later)

I just had a cancer screen MRI/AFP and I am waiting for the results...
But I am now on treatment and will continue for 24 weeks or transplant, which ever comes first.

I stopped my TB Rifampin treatment today. Can't take Rifampin while on trial. I will deal with my TB after transplant.

I can't believe that within 4 weeks I will have no viral load for the first time in 42 years!!! Once I become undetectable I will be looking for a transplant. I can't believe it. Soon I will have a new liver and be healthy again for the first time in years. I have been sick every day to some degree for the last 3 years and it is wearing me down.

This treatment is my best shot at curing my hepatitis C.

* I heard through the 'grapevine' the next trial with GS-7977 will be in post transplant patients who are infected with hepatitis C. The cure rate now is only 30% using peg-interferon and ribavirin post transplant. Very poor results so more options for treatment would be great.

Happy-
Hector
Hector that is such exciting news!!! You are an amazing person that always offers so much help and kindness even with everything you have to deal with on a daily basis. It is a priveledge to have you be a part of our community!

I hope the best for you!

Randy
Thanks Randy!

Hector
Congratulations Hector!  I have only been a member of this community for a very short time and you have already helped me and I can tell you have been an invaluable resource for many people for a long time.   You really deserve for good things to happen in your life.  Very best of luck!
This is indeed wonderful exciting news and nobody deserves to get into this trial as much as you do !
Your future is looking bright indeed.
I am so very happy for you!  I have been thinking about you wondering how you were doing
Thanks so much for sharing.
Wishing you only the Best Hector.You truly ,truly deserve  it.Take care of yourself and Thanks for all your invaluable help!!! Naya