Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Ultra sound results for person with Hep C fibrosis

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hi there...have a recent ultrasound report that was ordered based on observations from another scan...reason for exam is chronic Hep C, Hemochromatosis, 8.7 mm liver lesion, peripancreatic lymphadenopathy.

Results were...

Single gallstone noted in gallbladder lumen close to the neck.
No associated gallbladder wall thickening or pericholecystic fluid.
No distention of intra or extrahepatic ducts.
Liver has fairly normal echogenicity.
The hyperechoic foci and micronodularity previously documented in Nov 2011 were not noted on this occasion.
Peripancreatic adenopathy is not detected.

End report...

Just wondering, as his specialist is away and no access to hepatology specialist at this time...does this mean he is improving in his liver damage?

Family dr. says "he's perfect". I have a shadow of doubt when they proclaim these words. So I thought someone could help with this for me...he is in Stage 2 fibrosis as at last biopsy. He has considerable pain in upper right hand quadrant, sharp pains that randomly come and go, and vary in intensity from dull aching to knock your socks off. Could that be from the gallbladder? He has gallbladder disease...does having a gallstone noted in the "lumen close to the neck" mean he is having a stone giving him trouble? I've tried researching these terms but much of it is difficult to understand in medical terms to layman terms. It is beyond me.

Thanks, C
There is little about the liver here. From what I can tell this test was NOT done to assess the liver, it was to look at other organs (gallbladder & pancreas).

"pain in upper right hand quadrant Could that be from the gallbladder?"
Some gallstones are a problem others are not. It is up to the doctor to decide.

The 8.7 mm liver lesion may be too small to determine what it is. If it grows that could be a problem.

Since this is not a scan of liver disease but cholecystitis I can't comment further.

hector

hector
Thanks for that...I suppose the curiousity I had regarding the liver had to do with the reason they ordered the exam, that being the liver lesion and the pancreatic issue...they had told him from earlier exams he had liver lesions, nodules on his pancreas and the gallbladder diagnosis had come up on his last liver biopsy, so I was curious about the liver lesion mostly I guess... that they didn't see it, so does that mean that it's not there, can they disappear if the liver improves?

I'm just so confused at this point, so many different tests and different results, and drs that seem to just dismiss everything or miss it entirely, I'm a little gun-shy about accepting what they say and now I'm scared of all of it and question everything....!

Have a good day, C
Hello Panda,

I wonder if some of your concerns might better be adressed in the gasterentology community.

Gastroenterology:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Gastroenterology/show/68

Fantastic idea!!! My husband does have fibrosis, but he also has gastro disorder on top of all the liver stuff, so that might be an excellent place to find more about what I am searching for.

Funny how sometimes you never see things right in front of you. I also look at that forum but never thought of entering my questions there...brain fog. I guess because my main concerns have to do with his liver disease right now, treatment for Hep C begins in January it seems, so I guess my brain pattern is liver geared more so than the pancreas and gallbladder, although that seems to be creeping into the picture now.

Cheerz, C