Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
biopsy report

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

biopsy report

8178217?1343316324
Can anyone make my liver biopsy a little more details than early stages of cirrosis (cirrhosis)? yes I am an idiot!!!
Here is the best I can figure out for you:

Portal inflammation
Your score= 3
0 = No
1 = Mild - presence of mononuclear aggregates in some portal tracts
2 = Moderate - mononuclear aggregates in all portal tracts
3 = Severe - large and dense mononuclear aggregates in all portal tracts

Lobular necrosis
Your score= 2
0 = No or mild - less than one necroinflammatory focus per lobule
1 = Moderate - at least one necroinflammatory focus per lobule
2 = Severe - several necroinflammatory foci per lobule, or confluent or bridging necrosis

Piecemeal necrosis
Your score= 1
0 = No

1 = Mild - focal alteration of the periportal plate in some portal tracts

2 = Moderate - diffuse alteration of the periportal plate in some tracts or focal lesions around all portal tracts

3 = Severe - diffuse alteration of the periportal plate in all portal tracts

METAVIR FIBROSIS SCORE

Your score= 4

Criteria

F0 = Portal inflammation

F1 = Portal fibrosis without septa

F2 = Portal fibrosis with rare septa

F3 = Numerous septa without cirrhosis

F4 = Cirrhosis

As Dee stated you certainly are not an idiot. This stuff is difficult for many of us since we are not doctors. From my understanding is that your liver has now reached a cirrhotic state so you will need to discuss the symptoms with your gastroenterologist or hepatologist to help stage the cirrhosis. Diet, cardio-vascular exercise, avoiding medications that metabolize in the liver and alcohol abstinence would be some good topics to discuss with your doctor. In many cases vitamin supplements are also recommended. There are also some other threads here in the group that eleborate further on these topics, please feel welcome to take a look around.

Concerning treatment for Hep C I can't really advise. My cirrhosis is due to alcoholism. None-the-less cirrhosis is cirrhosis and many of the same rules apply. I hope in some way this helps you out, take care.

Randy
Hi, I am not sure why no answer, I will look at it but there others that could do a better job :)  much better
p.s. you are not an idiot, you are just not a doctor and evidently your doc decided not to go over it with you.  I had same experience
Hang in there

Portal inflammation
Your score= 3
0 = No

Lobular necrosis
Your score= 2

Piecemeal necrosis
Your score= 1
0 = No

METAVIR FIBROSIS SCORE

Your score= 4

Criteria

F0 = Portal inflammation

F1 = Portal fibrosis without septa

F2 = Portal fibrosis with rare septa

F3 = Numerous septa without cirrhosis

F4 = Cirrhosis

Randy
People sometimes tell me I'm smart but I can never figure out biopsy reports. I rely on my hepatologist to explain it to me.

Do you know your MELD score ?
That might help us understand the extent of your cirrhosis.
It's determined by your bilirubin, creatine and INR levels.
that is the most accurate interpretation that I could ask for, thank you so much. Sorry it took so long to reply, I just found your and OH reply tonite.
Bootcamp
my bilirubin is 0.3, my creat is 0.93 but I don't have a INR level. I quess I have to get that done. I thought my ptt was the INR but i quess not. I asked the docs secretary but she did not order the test last blood work.
Bootcamp
Those numbers look good. When they start getting out of normal range, that's when you can worry :)