Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
change in inr

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

change in inr

hello there,

i noticed that my inr has increased from 1 to 1.1.
is this something to worry about or can the inr vary sometimes?

regards marc
Tags: INR
The normal range for INR is usually 0.9-1.2. Your INR is probably within normal value. Check your labs normal range.

All blood values very all the time. It is all a matter of how sensitive the test is.

What else has changed? Bilirubin, Creatinine, Platelet count?
INR measures how long it takes for blood to clot. It is commonly higher in patients with advanced liver disease (cirrhosis) because the liver makes coagulation factors, proteins that help the blood to clot.

You haven't had any bleeding problems I assume?
You INR level would not effect your ability to have surgery or other invasive procedures. You would need an INR > 2.0 for it to be a concern.

Ask your doctor that ordered the test for a further explanation.

Good luck.
Hector
thank you hector,i asked my pcp to run a test today.

the other labs like bilirubin,creatinine,albumin,platelets etc and the report from the hcc screen i will become next week from the tp center,and i hope they did not worsen.

they check also if i have gilbert syndrome as my bilirubin was high in may.but since its a genetic test it will take some time to recieve this result from gilbert syndrome.

regards marc
I have Gilbert syndrome myself. It raises bilirubin levels to the high end of the range or higher in a person with no liver disease but otherwise has no effect on your health. It is a benign condition.
Patients with more advanced cirrhosis typically have higher than normal bilirubin levels because the liver can't process it as effectively as when the liver was healthy. That is why it is one of the three blood levels that make up the MELD score. My bilirubin varies between 3-5. When I get closer to 5 my skin has a yellow tone to it.

I have an INR of 1.2 and 1.3 normally and never had any bleeding issues. I have had 4 TACE cancer treatments with a catheter inserted into my groin and fed into my liver lobes and 2 ethanol injections with a needle inserted directly into my liver and tumor and never had any post procedure bleeding. INR worsens (blood takes longer to clot) as liver disease progresses.

Good luck with your test results.
Hector