cirrhosis of the liver
My dad is extremely confused. He can use the bath room and doctors won't do nothing till he see a psychiatrist .. his constantly shakes , talk to him self,falls and can't sleep.. what can I do if the doctors won't treat him..
"what can I do if the doctors won't treat him.. "
Get a second opinion from another doctor.

What has your dad been diagnosed with?

More information would be helpful.

Hector
Hehas hepatitis C in cirrhosis of the liver .he has extreme anxiety attacks .I recently lost my uncle and cirrhosis of the liver and hepatitis C is a big problem in our family .they already have him on I'm very your medicine . he is also diabetic
If he has cirrhosis of the liver then he should contact the nearest liver transplant center  They are the only place that  has the doctors with the expertise to manage cirrhosis of the liver. They can also help with his hepatitis C as well.

What do you mean by constant shaking? What part of his body constantly shakes? If it is his hands can he hold his hands out in front of himself, like making a stop sign and hold his hands steady or does his hands flap so his fingers can not be held up above his hands?
See Youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXT9_KbgIo

Hector
If your dad has Cirrhosis due to Hep C, and if he is confused, disoriented, flapping, can't sleep, etc., he may have decompensated Cirrhosis (liver is no longer performing all of its necessary functions).  He needs to be seen by a hepatologist in a transplant center.  Hepatologists and transplant centers are usually found in university based/research based medical centers.  If this is the stage of your dad's liver damage, his situation will not improve unless 1) his symptoms are managed, and 2) he is evaluated for a possible liver transplant.  Many of the symptoms of decompensated Cirrhosis can lead to life threatening situations they require emergency care, so it is important for these symtpoms to be well managed by a qualified hepatologist.  Although these symptoms can be managed by a qualified hepatologist (as well as possible), the need will probably come for a liver transplant.  The process of being evaluated and approved to be listed for a possible transplant takes a lot of time and there are many steps.  The Hep C has caused the damage to the liver, so at some point the Hep C must be treated, either before or after a liver transplant, but only a hepatologist can say when or how to treat the Hep C.
Get your dad an appt with a qualified hepatologist who is knowledgeable about both Cirrhosis/Hep C and who practices in a transplant center.
Advocate1955
I am Vietnamese (i'm sorry that my English is not good) and I found this Forum when I searched information on cirrhosis. I have cirrhosis liver and I want to understand my disease, therefore I would like you and other forum's members help me with your knowledge.
My question is that 4 months ago I was told by doctor that I have cirrhosis liver with splenomegaly (17 cm), 2 months ago my spleen is 15cm and yesterday my spleen is 13cm and it's not splenomegaly anymore. Is this a sign of good treatment or recovery.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you in advance for the help.