Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
sol on liver

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

sol on liver

As per by my ultra sound report:-Liver appears mildly enlarged in size. There is a large SOL of hetrogenous echotexture seen in the right lobe of liver measuring 10.5X9.5cm.No calcification seen .Intraheptic biliary radicals are normal . left lobe is normal.Right kidney is small in size measures 5.8cm, normal in shape & echopattern. No evidence of renal hydronephrosis.Pelvicalyceal system appears normal.Please advise me the most immediate treatment as i don't feel like eating & my weight has reduced from 65 Kg to 47 Kg & now is 55 Kg
The normal liver is soft, smooth, and has a homogeneous echo texture. When it states it is largely heterogeneous...it means its surface has a different echo texture...this means that it has developed a more coarse
appearance.

If someone has Cirrhosis, due to dead liver cells the liver become nodular with a coarse echo texture. In Cirrhosis, the liver cells die off and form scar tissue inside the liver. The liver cells try to regenerate new cells to replace the ones that have died off. However, these new cells tend to bunch up against the scar tissue and cause the liver to take on a nodular appearance. This makes the appearance of the liver appear lumpy. It can be seen in an ultrasound as shown here:
http://www.stat.nctu.edu.tw/~misg/e_talk/statimage/liver_cirrhosis.htm

Your next step is staging your disease, this is done with a conjunction of ultra sound, blood labs and symptoms. It is imperative you and your doctor discover the cause to slow or prevent further advancement. At this point it is important you are being treated by a hepatologist (liver specialist). No other doctor is qualified to give you the type of treatment you need. From there they will discuss further treatment options and feel welcome to post any questions you may have along the way.

I wish you the best,

Randy
The disease cannot be reversed or cured except, in some cases through a liver transplant. It can often be slowed or halted, however, especially if the disease is detected in the early stages of development. For some people it is possible to survive for many years with cirrhosis through proper medical treatment, diet, exercise and alcohol abstinence.

Randy
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Feb 05
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Feb 02
Diamando6 commented on photo
Jan 30
Track your weight over time