Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
what causes mental confusion besides amonia(ammonia) levels not rising
About This Community:

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what causes mental confusion besides amonia(ammonia) levels not rising

This is whats happened during this last episode with health decline.  It started off as a cold then my eye got infected with a stye...sorry i'm not a good speller.  This infection gave me a black eye.  During this time I noticed that I was having surges of  adrenalin rushes where I began to spin out of control and could not sleep.  Lab values show I have low platlet counts and elevated liver enzymes.  I became very weak, and disoriented thus a trip to emergency.  My amonia (ammonia) levels were not elevated.  I had became very weak and disoriented
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
446474_tn?1404424777
'It started off as a cold then my eye got infected with a stye...sorry i'm not a good speller.  This infection gave me a black eye.  During this time I noticed that I was having surges of  adrenalin rushes where I began to spin out of control and could not sleep.'

First none of the above has anything to do with cirrhosis.
low platelet counts and elevated liver enzymes do not my themselves cause weakness.

Secondly, only a doctor seeing the results of your blood tests of other tests can determine what is causing your weakness.

Low platelet counts and elevated liver enzymes"
How low? We need numbers.
How elevated? Numbers?

Cheers!
Hector
Blank
If you are feeling confused and your ammonia levels are normal, it may be due to extra hepatic manifestations from Hep. C.

"Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is an RNA virus of the Flaviviridae family that poses a global health problem. Infection leads to progressive liver disease and has been associated with a variety of extrahepatic syndromes, including central nervous system (CNS) abnormalities."

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-01-scientists-brain-vulnerable-hepatitis-virus.html#jCp
Blank
5032487_tn?1365827621
tx kel
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cirrhosis of the Liver Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity