Cold & Flu Community
14 Month Old has a second Viral infection/ COLD in 16 days

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

My 14 month old son had his first runny nose/ mild fever/ cough 16 days ago. The fever lasted one day but the runny nose continued for 10 days and then a cough sat in. I visited with his pediatrician and he said that the cold was accompanied by croup. My son was compltely cured of all the ailments in about 10 days. This was 4 days ago. Yesterday he had the runny nose, low-grade fever and cough again. It seems to be a fresh viral infection. I will be scheduling an appointment with his doctor as soon as I can but I am just worried. Please advice if it is possible to get two viral infections consecutively in less than 16 days ... in fact three (croup was caused by a virus too). Am I doing anything wrong? My son stays at home with a babysitter and I am careful about washing hands and using a sanitizer. Please help.