Cold & Flu Community
3 yr. old has head cold; and now vomiting
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 yr. old has head cold; and now vomiting

My 3 yr. old has had nose congestion, cough, sneezing, basically had a head cold, with no fever for about a week now.
Last night she got a rash on her back, it looked like dry skin so I put lotion on it and it burned so I washed it off. It also reminded me of a heat rash. Then tonight, shortly after she fell asleep; she woke up vomiting in her bed.  
Is this stuff going around? Did she vomit because of the congestion? And if so; why isn't any of this medicine I've gotten working? I've tried Childrens Mucinex, Triaminic, Chilrens Robitussin...Nothing is helping her. I have a Vicks humidifier,(with eculyptus), in her room. Even that don't seem to help. Tonight I rubbed baby Vicks rub on her chest also, but didn't help.
Please help, I'm not sure what else to try to help her get better, or atleast ease her pain while this cold thing runs it's course. She and I both are so tired and cranky, and we both have these colds, but I'll be ok, I just want to help my baby feel better.
Sorry so long!
Thanks,
Jen (bikermomma)