Male, 25 years of age. Healthy diet and lifestyle (minus alcohol once every one or two weeks and a cigarillo here and there with alcohol). Semi-active. Resting HR approx. 62 Bpm.
Went to the gymnasium yesterday (11/05/11) and did some weight lifting. Later that day, I was at a dinner party. Had a small glass of wine followed by a glass of whisky and a relatively large meal. I tend to experience tachycardia with large amounts of alcohol consumption but I was non the less, given the amount I consumed, experiencing some tachycardia (110-120 Bpm), some GI disturbance, and slight anxiety due to the HR.
Left dinner party and went home about 3 hours after above. When I got home I all of a sudden (within a ten minute timeframe) was experiencing body aches in muscle groups I worked out (under 24 hours is not normal) and other places like my back... I was suddenly feeling VERY tired and weak and began having proper chills, feeling nauseous, and had a slight fever. Again, these symptoms all came on within a matter of minutes where I was feeling basically normal one moment then the next I was feeling as if I was in the middle of a full blown flu. I was still experiencing tachycardia (100-110 Bpm). Very weird I must say as I have never experienced this before.
I had some bowel movement before going to sleep that felt like they were to be a 'sick' type of bowel movement but were normal.
I took some vitamins, antioxidants, and a mushroom complex that aids in immunity, wrapped myself in a blanket and went to sleep still feeling ill. I awoke about one hour later still feeling a bit weak but with no more chills, no nausea, and the fever had subsided. My HR was still in the 100-110 Bpm range.
I continued sleeping and when I awoke the next day it was as if I had not felt sick the night before but I was quite tired and slightly weak. All day I was tired and weak and I took a second dose of vitamins, anitoxidants, and mushroom complex after awaking.Towards the evening I took a nap from 5-7 pm, I awoke feeling sicker, even more tired and weak than before, some chills, and the nausea and fever were back. Over the next three hours the symptoms began to subside and now at 10:15 pm I am feeling only tired, slightly weak, and a tinge of nausea and slight un-easiness in my body.
All in all this is a very awkward and interesting experience. I have never began a sickness with a full blown attack of symptoms, only for it to go away, come back and go away again. Due to such abnormal characteristics, and throw in my hypochondria and anxiety, I am wondering what is actually going on?!
- I am guessing this is a reaction to some bacteria or virus? But how was it so sudden as usually it is a gradual onset! Even if it was symptoms due to an incubation of 7 days (given that I caught something 7 days prior), it should not be so sudden.
- Due to its sudden onset I am thinking something must have entered my body over the span of time at the dinner party but no one else experienced any such symptoms.
I only have a question for you, Is there any chance that you had an allergic reaction to anything that you ate at the party? You should make a list of everything you ate and drank so that if it happens again you can go to the doctor and compare. I became allergic to shellfish and didn't know until I started to notice that I felt sick when I ate it and if I ate too much would get very sick. Good luck to you.
It really does not sound like flu to me not as fast as it started. If it is not allergies, even though they can develop over time, it may be a mild case of food poisoning. Here is a link for food poisoning http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/food-poisoning. What ever it is if it is not gone or gets worse within the next day or so go to the doctor and get checked. The reason I keep thinking it is something you ate is because I developed shellfish allergies and my symptoms were similar to yours. My husband also had food poisoning once and in both cases it was within 2-4 hours of eating. What is throwing me is the hr increase. In either case hope you are better soon.
I experienced 'on and off' symptoms for about two days and they have now subsided... For good? We will see.
It may have been food poisoning although I ate what everyone else ate and it seems I am the only one who experienced such symptoms... It may have been a psyco short-lived flu... It may be something entirely unknown...
Hopefully all will be well for me, for all on this website, for all in the world, and all in the universe.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.