Cold & Flu Community
Bad cold or something else?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bad cold or something else?

Last week I had a runny nose.  No big deal, really.  Until I woke up on Friday.  I woke up and couldn't breathe through my nose at all.  Completely clogged.  As the day wore on, I started sweating a lot, which is something I rarely do.  The thermometer claimed my temp was off the charts high. (my temp is a little off anyway.  I have hypothyroidism which throws my temp off.  Plus the thermometer was overdue for a new battery. Then I would be cold with chill bumps and then back to sweating.  I slept off and on most of Friday.  And at that point, I would have gone to the doctor.  In fact I was supposed to go to the doctor anyway for a follow up appt. but my doctor called in sick.  So I rescheduled for this Friday, my one free day. And I can't afford two co-pays in one week.  I am not currently employed, but am going back to school part time.
I woke up Saturday wit all the symptoms from the day before plus a headache.  And Sunday night I started coughing.  A dry hacking cough.  Sounds absolutely gross but there's no phlegm or mucus getting coughed up.  And with the dry hacking cough comes a headache.  
On the plus side my fever broke sometime Sunday night.  Maybe I should have stayed home from class last night, but went anyway.
I have been resting, a lot. drinking lots of fluids, homemade chicken noodle soup, water, a little OJ, herbal tea and G2 (low cal gatorade). plus EmergenC packets for a boost.  Fever is still gone.  And the headache only shows up when I cough.  
Talking with classmates, one brought up that I was sounding a little wheezy and said it sounded like I might have a touch of bronchial asthma. I still have an inhaler i got last year when I had a nasty case of bronchitis. Thought I might try it to see if it helps.
I am going to bring all this up with my doctor on Friday, But is there something else I could be doing? Is it more than a bad cold? Or am I just worrying for no reason?
Tags: bad cold
4591205_tn?1372093134
maybe whooping cough
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity