Bad cold or something else?
Last week I had a runny nose.  No big deal, really.  Until I woke up on Friday.  I woke up and couldn't breathe through my nose at all.  Completely clogged.  As the day wore on, I started sweating a lot, which is something I rarely do.  The thermometer claimed my temp was off the charts high. (my temp is a little off anyway.  I have hypothyroidism which throws my temp off.  Plus the thermometer was overdue for a new battery. Then I would be cold with chill bumps and then back to sweating.  I slept off and on most of Friday.  And at that point, I would have gone to the doctor.  In fact I was supposed to go to the doctor anyway for a follow up appt. but my doctor called in sick.  So I rescheduled for this Friday, my one free day. And I can't afford two co-pays in one week.  I am not currently employed, but am going back to school part time.
I woke up Saturday wit all the symptoms from the day before plus a headache.  And Sunday night I started coughing.  A dry hacking cough.  Sounds absolutely gross but there's no phlegm or mucus getting coughed up.  And with the dry hacking cough comes a headache.  
On the plus side my fever broke sometime Sunday night.  Maybe I should have stayed home from class last night, but went anyway.
I have been resting, a lot. drinking lots of fluids, homemade chicken noodle soup, water, a little OJ, herbal tea and G2 (low cal gatorade). plus EmergenC packets for a boost.  Fever is still gone.  And the headache only shows up when I cough.  
Talking with classmates, one brought up that I was sounding a little wheezy and said it sounded like I might have a touch of bronchial asthma. I still have an inhaler i got last year when I had a nasty case of bronchitis. Thought I might try it to see if it helps.
I am going to bring all this up with my doctor on Friday, But is there something else I could be doing? Is it more than a bad cold? Or am I just worrying for no reason?
maybe whooping cough