Cold & Flu Community
Blurry Vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Blurry Vision

I am currently going to school to get a teaching degree in art and I am constantly looking at the same paint or drawing for atleast 3 hours at a time. I have noticed that when I look at it for about an hour I begin to lose my vision everything becomes blurry and it takes 4 to 5 hours or more before I can see clearly again. I have been having some pain from my wisdom teeth so I thought maybe my vision could be because of my wisdom teeth as well?
I'm not really sure about the wisdom teeth but if you are looking at something up close for a long time then maybe you have lazy eyes. What you need to do is look out the window and find something far away. hold your finger out in front of you. Look at the things far away then look at your finger. keep doing this repeatedly. Think of it as an eye exercise. I do it with both eyes at the same time but it's suggested that you do it with one eye covered(with your hand).

If it's not that then maybe it is your wisdom teeth and maybe someone else with more experience in that area can help you.

~Jamie
Jessy- please see your dentist to rule out (or if discovered to have it- treat) infection regarding your wisdom teeth.  Even if no infection, they may recommend treatment (whether it be pulling the teeth or whathaveyou) for these painful teeth! (How awful!)

Also, please call the opthamologist and set up on an urgent basis an appointment regarding this prolongerd blurring.  Staring for a long time I think could make a person start to blur, but this shouldn't last for 4-5 hours!  
I agree you need to see an eye doctor. You can also go to health forums and go to eye care or the section on eyes. There are two very nice doctors on that site that can help temporarily until you get to the doctor. Eye strain may cause blurry vision but it shouldn't last very long.
mkh9