Cold & Flu Community
COLD OR SINUS INFECTION?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

COLD OR SINUS INFECTION?

I have had a stuffy nose for the last few days that is worse at night and mornings. It started out with clear mucus, but since yesterday has turned yellow with blood in it, especially in the mornings. I also feel bad, but have had no fever. I get cold easily. Is this just a cold or a sinus infection? I know my immune system is low because I had tongue cancer surgery this past May, with a nasal feeding tube initially put in after surgery, and a trach also. The next week I had a PEG tube put in because of difficulty swallowing and got it out Oct. 4.
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
460830_tn?1347222906
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have started coughing a little, have a lot of mucus in my throat now that makes me hoarse nights and mornings, but clears up during the day.
Blank
You may have Allergies because you told have n't fever , and for improving your immune system for flu you can inject Flu Vaccine every year .
Blank
I work @ an ENT office. Sounds like you have an infection. You need to see a doctor
Blank
Im having similar issues, this winter is starting to take its toll. I've got a head cold and cant even get any sleep even though Im exhausted. Any ideas about whats going on?
Blank
460830_tn?1347222906
Thanks. I'm getting over it now. I get my flu shot every year, and I've already got it this year. Thanks for the answers. Dee Dee Q, I hope you feel better soon; Sounds like you are going thru the same thing. I was doing so much better yesterday that when I went to my ENT for a post-cancer checkup, I forgot to mention the cold! :) Have a blessed day, y'all!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...