Cold & Flu Community
Chest Pain following Cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Chest Pain following Cough

I am having bad chest pains in my right side when I cough.  I actually went to the hospital two days ago and they did a cat scan, a chest x-ray and a EKG to rule out heart and lung complications.  They think I have a strain which is possible since I have been coughing for over 4 weeks.  They put my on cough medicine, Motrin, and a muscle relaxant.  So far no improvement, It may even be a bit worse and I'm worried that the cough supresant could lead to bronchitis or worse.  The pain feels like it is around the outside of my right lung and also just to the right of my sternum.  It got much worse after skiing the other day (I know, it was dumb to go skiing, my wife already told me).  Is there anything else I should be keeping an eye on?  Also, how long should I wait before going back to the Doctor?  Thanks!
Avatar n tn
My husband has been have bad chest pains everytime he coughs and he saids that it feels like something is really tight on his chest what could he have? Yes he is a smoker.
Gigglies
Avatar n tn
ya i too have the same problem, got an x ray done a week back, shows no problem.i have this pain on the left side of my chest while coughing. frnds suspect of cramp or the result of too much of coughing over 3 weeks.. m on medication now since 10-15 days but no relief..