Cold & Flu Community
Chest pain, hurts when i lay down

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Chest pain, hurts when i lay down

Hey,
I have not been eating as much as I should be. I woke up up on Saturday morning feeling nauseous so I vomited. I did atleast two more times that day. I didnt have any appetite and havent been able to eat much since. just been drinking water. On Sunday I was no longer nauseous but I had a cough and sore throat. my body felt week so I figured the vomiting strained something. Today I have had this uncomfortable chest pain and it hurts when I lay down. Its not quite heartburn but I do have a shortness of breath and feel a little dizzy. What do you feel this could be? I understand that me panicking about whats wrong with me certainly doesnt help.
thanks<3
In my opinion you had better consult a doctor.I think it is good for you.Otherwise it will inversely affect you.Chest pain is a not single thing.Please do not tension too much about this.
Thanks.
I strongly suggest that you go to the nearest ER because these are symptoms of a heart attack. Typically coughing can stress the muscles and cartilidge in the chest, which can feel like a heart problem, and a virus or bug can make you feel weak and vomit. But all of these symptoms together, along with the dizziness and shortness of breath are indicators of something possibly worse. PLEASE GO TO THE ER. Call your doctor on the way, if you have one.

When my husband had sever pain in his side he had been to the doctor on two separate occasions. They even scanned him and said they saw nothing--said it was a stomach bug. On the morning that he woke with more terrible pain and vomiting I said, "Go IMMEDIATELY to the ER!" He did---and they admitted him for surgery THAT DAY. He could have died or had serious complications if he went back to the doctor. That is why I say, "when in doubt--go to the ER!"
hey, it sounds like you could have a really bad chest or lung infection that needs to be treated, the dizziness is normal if you have shortness of breath but the chest pain definatly sounds like there could be an infection, get yourself to a doctor and see what they say, its always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to chest pains, hope you feel better soon.
It sounds like a lung infection. If your young and healthy you should overcome it fine. It obviously wouldn't hurt to call the DR during hours, but I wouldn't advise people to jump to the ER every time they feel sick. I'm not trying to be rude by any means, but when you really are in a dire emergency situation they will be more likely to help you if they never seen you there before.