Cold, cough and mucus lasting for more than a month
I have had a cold, cough, mucus and a stuffed up nose for over a month now. I am wondering what this could be and why it isn't going away. From October to December last year I was sick for 3 months with malaise, hot flashes, swollen lymoh nodes and a severe sore throat. I had routine blood work done and everything came back normal. The cough and other symptoms I listed above came right after I started feeling better. I am wondering if this could be pneumonia or some other type of infection. I am a 36 y/o gay male. I haven't had anal sex since 2008 and that was protected. I have had oral sex once with no fluid discharge in 2009. I was tested for HIV in 2008 and was negeative. I am jumping to conclusions that this could be HIV or Aids? Please tell me what you think and thank you so much!
yes i think you are jumping to conclusions. Some colds take forever to go away. Do you have allergies? Also give yourself a nasel bath to brake up some of the mucus. Get a big bowl and put warm water in it, add some vinigar and some salt put your face down in it and blow air out of your nose and suck some in. It will feel really good. It will clean out your sinuses. Try some muscinex , once you get all the mucus out your cold should go away. Having a cold is one way your body is trying to get rid of the mucus. Good Luck

Kalie