Cold & Flu Community
Cold/lymph nodes

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Cold/lymph nodes

I had an extremely bad cold which led to a sinus infection and strep throat which i took amoxicillin for which seemed to clear up the infection however.  I noticed my lymph node in my neck and tonsil on the same side are still swollen and its been about 2 months now.  There is no pain either.  I was just wondering if it is normal for lymph nodes and a tonsil to stay swollen for that long?  I've tried gargling warm salt water and that doesn't seem to help either.  

I am not sure if that is normal, I would call your doctor. Maybe the amount of amoxicillian was not enough to kill of the infection, and you need to start it again. And it very well may be normal with strep.I know strep is pretty instense on the body. So call your doc, that treated you for strep.

Kalie
That is common for them to stay up awhile..are you feeling better?Well if you are not feeling better & they don't go down,go to Dr..But I know for a fact lymphnodes stay swelled for awhile..I had Mono & mine stayed swollen 2 years after.
Nese
I feel absolutely fine, maybe a little post nasal drip possibly which can keep them swollen maybe?  But I was thinking of calling my doctor tomorrow just to be on the safe side.  Thanks guys :)