Cold or allergy?
How Do i know if i have allergies? I mean I usually get sick at the same time every year it seems like. right now i have a sore throat, headache, and runny nose(been blowing it all day). I went to rite aid and asked the pharmacist what I can take with my symptoms and she said Clariton. so I bought it and have had the biggest headache all day. Will that work for a cold though? I need quick relief!! Anything else I can take? People always assume to drink and eat warm things but my throat LOVES slurpees, that's normal right?
I would talk to your doctor, and consider seeing an allergist or an ENT. It might be allergies, but it also might be an issue with your sinuses. I have sinus issues, and post nasal drip makes my throat hurt. Cold fluids only help me!
Clariton is an antihistamine that has something in it to keep you from getting drowsy (antihistamines normally make you sleepy and can be used for insomnia). I suspect it is the additive in the Clariton that gave you the headache. Some people react badly to it. If you want to try a standard antihistamine get Benadryl. If your symptoms go away then you know it is an allergy and not an infection. If it doesn't work, go to a doctor.