Cold & Flu Community
Constantly sick

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Constantly sick

I have been sick for about 2 months now. I have been to the doctor three times, and on three separate occasions i have been put on amoxicillin. What happens is that i start out feeling like a cold, where in about 2 days its full blown strep like symptoms. I take the medication and it works well, however given 1 week it ALWAYS comes back. My last trip to the doctor, we had blood taken and a mono tested. I came up negative for mono and strep, yet my glands are incredibly swollen, its hard to swallow, i have constant ear infections, and i always feel under the weather. The doctor said he didnt know what the problem was, which was a great help to me. He said it might be viral and it will just go away, however it doesnt seem to be doing that at all. Any ideas, please ! (oh and im currently taking cold-fx, however nothing seems to be working)
hi-I sympathize--last year i had a horrible"throat thing"I cant remember pain tho.--my problem with colds is  fungal-an imbalance of yeast.i have warded colds off many times.including currently fighting it.sugar is hard to stay away from!-but avoid it if your immune system is down...  eat raw veggies!--here is the test:put some oregano in some warm water or get oregano oil-let it settle on your throat to kill the fungus.if you feel nothing--then at least you tried and its probably not the problem.please try it and let me know.Ive included my post from last year.I was sick on and off for 2 months-i could have been well sooner if i ate like i suggest-it's very hard!I'd feel better and think i was well-then went back to the foods aggravating it.I remember i couldnt eat yams!(theyhave natural sugar)
here is my post:

to all of you out there-try this!oregano(yes-the cooking spice) in warm water.it destroys a fungal build up of candida(yeast fungus-which eats sugar-which is eaten by the good bacteria in our bodies.antibiotics destroy the good bacteria also.also ,long term steroid use-like inhalers can bring on the candida)My air way was closing.sugar is the culprit and maybe other foods.I could tell as soon as I ate it.milk makes mucas in my throat.things happen with me so fast.the oregano drink opened my throat and got rid of the tickle right away.I bought some thing called fungal defense which is helping too.sometimes it feels like a jolt of oxygen.and burst of energy-even my nose clears up.I heard that excess candida makes mucas.It seems to be correct.I am not well yet.Its as if a virus is attached to my throat.winter is a bad season for me.Please let me know if this helps anyone.