Cold & Flu Community
Dry hacking cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Dry hacking cough

I have had a dry hacking cough for almost a month. I have been treated with antibiotics and prescription cough syrup and was told that I have Acute Bronchitis. I have just finished another round of cough syrup and doxcycylin and I am still coughing. Help!
After a month I'd be concerned about pertussis, as well as pneumonia.  Ask for a chest xray.  and perhaps some inhaled steroids or even oral steroids.
If your Dr. wants to keep giving you more antibiotics then maybe you should get a second oppion before you end up in the hospital with pneumonia. That stuff is serious so you better get it checked out. Good luck, I hope I helped.
get checked out yet?
Avatar n tn
It is quite possible your cough is due to statins.  Back off Lipitor and related statins.  I am aware of several people tht did and the cough went away.