Eye goo.
Ever since a couple months ago when I got sick, I've had this white goo in my eye. Sometimes it's even a greenish tint, like phlegm. It's irritating, but not anything more than the fact that I feel something there and once in a while, like while I was still sick, there was large enough portions of it that it would cover my pupil and I wouldn't be able to see through it till I used a mirror and got it out. It only happens in my left eye, and it's become less and less over time, but I've just been wondering if I should do something about it since it's lasted so long.
Dear Miss_Cox,
Any type of drainage that is thickish yellow/and or green is usually sign of an infection.  If this is a film covering your eye, it could be "pink eye" which is highly contagious. Just for precaution, whenever you touch your eye, be sure to wash your hands before touching anyone else in household.  You definately should be seen by a dr.  They have special lights that can look inside, to see if your cornea is scratched, or if you have an infection.  Please do not wait too much longer.  Anything that affects your eyes, needs to be taken seriously.  See a dr asap and let us know what you find out.  Until then wash your hands frequently and don't let others use your wash cloths or pillow cases.
Lilyrose77
if you had a cold or some kind of infection and have gotton gunktivitis my little cuz had there it is cause from the mucus of the noes.. and requries anitibiotics you may want to check with a doc. hers did it alot mostly of a morning her eyes would be gunked shut put a warm compress on them and that may help drawl out what is in there and keep it from doing it all the time. hope this helps you out.